UKC ALL BREED CONFORMATION DOG SHOW
4 shows in 2 days
Saturday August 17, 2019 and Sunday August 18, 2019
Pre-registration and day of registration will be taken for entries into the show.
AKC Canine Good Citizen and Trick Dog Testing
A great opportunity for your dog to participate in AKC Canine Good Citizen and Trick Dog testing by an AKC evaluator. Hosted by the Border Terrier Club of Central Ohio.
Just as your children have honor roll achievements your dogs can become Canine Good Citizens! Receive an actual AKC title for passing this evaluation of your dog’s good behavior and manners! Does your dog tricks or know how to show off your commands? Well then we have just the event for you at SAFARI PET EXPO, get your Trick Dog title!!!!
CANINE GOOD CITIZEN
Started in 1989, the CGC Program is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community. The CGC Program is a 2-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. All dogs who pass the 10-step CGC test may receive a certificate from the American Kennel Club.
Similar to the CGC Program, the AKC Community Canine test has a 10-step set of skills that dogs must pass to earn the official AKC Community Canine title. While CGC tests are simulations of real world skills, the goal of AKC Community Canine is to test the dog’s skills in a natural setting.
The CGC test and AKC Community Canine tests may be taken on the same day. Both forms must be sent to AKC in one envelope so the CGC application can be processed first.
From the 1920s and 1940s when trick dogs such as Rin Tin Tin and Lassie won peoples’ hearts, trick dog training has become one of the most exciting new areas in dog training today.
The following Trick Dog testing levels will be available for evaluation:
- Novice Trick Dog (TKN): The dog performs 10 skills from the Novice list. If a dog has a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certificate or title on record at AKC, it can do 5 Novice tricks (CGC + 5) to earn a Novice Title.
- Intermediate Trick Dog (TKI): The dog must have the Novice title, plus perform 10 Intermediate tricks.
- Advanced Trick Dog (TKA): The dog must have the Intermediate title, plus perform 10 tricks from the Advanced list.
- Trick Dog Performer (TKP): Dogs must have the Advanced title and perform a short routine with at least 10 tricks previously learned.
REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION
Requirements for both CGC and Trick Dog Testing
Participating dogs (pure bred and mixed breed) must have an AKC number of one of 3 types (AKC registration number, PAL number, or AKC Canine Partners number) for AKC to register the application for an official title.
- All dogs may participate in the testing without a number.
Canine Good Citizen (CGC) $10
Advanced Canine Good Citizen (CGCA) $10
CGC testing with Novice Trick $15
Novice Trick $10
Trick Performer $10
Cash/Check/Credit Card will be accepted. Pre-Registration (Preferred) and Day of Test Sign Up testing times will be available. To pre-register or for more information please email: BTCCO2016@YAHOO.COM